Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who Knew A MOVIE Could Change My Whole Perspective!

Passion of the Christ Pictures, Images and PhotosSo, who remembers the 2004 Mel Gibson movie "Passion of the Christ" that caused so much controversy about it being too graphic?

This movie is probably the most powerful, graphic, gory, emotional, true movie ever made.

The "Passion Of The Christ" is almost close to 3 hours long, and it tells of how Jesus Christ was crucified and rose again based on what is told in the Bible. And I got a chance to watch it (for my second time) at youth group last night.

The first time I watched it was in 2004 when it came out, and when I watched it I didn't quite understand it. I was a little younger (forunately, I didn't get nightmares, nor was I really scared of the graphics. haha), and I didn't really know much about Jesus and about his life story. So it didn't really have a huge impact on me.

I watched it last night at my youth group, and it all started coming together. I have been a faithful Christian for a year and it was so powerful for me. All of the things I read in the New Testament about Jesus' life and crucifixion all just come together like a puzzle.

My experience was this: I watched the movie, not a tear or anything throughtout the whole movie, I just stared at the screen the whole time. My stomach got sick from the graphics, sometimes I would feel a slight pain running through my whole body. The rest of the time, my body was numb.
Right when the credits came on, the tears came out.. It took me a moment to just process what I just watched. It was one of those things that took me a long time to fully understand, and now I do.. Everywhere I looked, someone was crying, praying alone or in groups.. it was definitely a powerful night.

Jesus went through all of that pain and persecution for us! He DIED on that cross for us, for you and for me!

If you have not read my last blog entry "Are You Addicted To Jesus?", then please read it.

I want you to read it because Jesus did die for us on his crucifixion, what are you doing to be devoted to Him?

Peace.Love.Happiness.Smiles.
SammyJane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment