Monday, July 26, 2010

True Love Waits

On Sunday, July 25 of 2010, I received my purity ring.

True Love Waits Pictures, Images and Photos

In a world where sex is considered more "recreational" and not really taken seriously, I felt that the purity ring was a great idea. There were 7 of us girls that took the pledge, including my sister. It was a pledge, whether we already messed up or not, to remain pure from sexual temptations from here on out, and to save our bodies for our future husbands and for God.

We were explained at the ceremony that the ring doesn't hold any special power to help us remain pure, but as a reminder of our promise and pledge that we made, and that what we're doing is not for us, but for God.

Sometimes I wished I would have done this sooner, but in the end, it doesn't matter cause I made the promise during a great time in my life. The pledge made me excited for what's gonna happen in the future, with my music, my family, and when I find that one special person that would be my husband. God has soooo much in store for me, and for all 7 of us beautiful girls. It's up to us now, not only to keep our bodies pure, but our minds as well. We know it's gonna get tough as we live each day, but with Jesus on our side, it's not impossible.

I encourage everyone who has not made the pledge for purity to do so. Coming from me, it was one of the best decisions I will ever make, especially living in a sex-saturated society. Whether you made some mistakes or not, you can still start over.

“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”  -Colossians 3:1-4

Peace.Love.Happiness.Smiles.
SammyJane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment