Monday, November 8, 2010

Are We Being Good Examples For God?

In Job 36:24, it says:
"Remember to extol his work, which people have praised in song."

I remember when I didn't read my Bible as much as I should have. Throughout my life, there was a Bible in our house where I could've read it at anytime, but I chose not to because it seemed like too much reading for me.

But now I pick up my Bible everyday. And each time, I thank God for this wonderful book that was written to teach us, guide us, and lead us towards God.

Unfortunately, many people (including Christians), do not pick up and read the Bible anymore.

Sometimes, instead of reading the Bible, they study other Christians around them to get to know God's Word, kind of like a 'walking Bible'.

If someone is using us as an example of how we should be living for God, what are we doing now to show our devotion for God? Are we really living how God wants us and has planned for us?

We are being judged every single day of our lives. If we're judged as faithful Christians, what are some things we should be doing to show that? Sure, we believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead, but how do others know the love and greatness of Christ? Even Paul said in Philippians that "your attitude should be the same of that of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 2:5).

Just like in a book where you may see recommendations for different authors and books to read, we are recommendations on how we should be living for God. We need to be the best examples we can be.

How are you living for God? What are some things you can change about your life to be a better follower of Christ?

"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."
Romans 8:5


Heavenly Father,
I pray for those who do not know you or do not know you well. I pray, Lord, that we can use your Word to bring these people closer to you, and for those who do know you to be good examples on how we should, and need, to be living for you. Let us be recommendations for you. Lord, I pray for forgiveness of our sins and that we continue to live for you and you only.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment