Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Starting To Click To Me...

That knitting can be very EXPENSIVE!!!!!

OK, some of you are probably laughing at that right now, so go ahead and laugh your butt off. =P

But it's true, it's really true!

I was on Ravelry (might be possibly addicted to that site) and I was going through some future project I would like to make. I found a couple hats, a few tops, some cardigans, and even a cute purse. I even found a blanket I would like to make for college. It was originally made to be a baby blanket but adding more squares isn't going to hurt it =) But as much as the patterns and the finished projects are cute and full of awesomeness... I'm beginning to realize just how much yarn really costs!

When I began knitting, and even crocheting, I started on the cheap acrylic yarn you can get from really ANYWHERE, and yes, I tend to use it sometimes for a small little project or even to practice a new technique. But the amount of money a person has to spend on supplies and the yarn and everything they need,  it's pretty scary! Especially for someone like me who is still in school and doesn't have a job yet! So when I'm looking at the patterns, figuring out what yarn I need, then researching the prices, I will say this... AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, buying the more expensive yarn for the projects tend to be worth the money. =) If it means that the pattern needs X yarn and it's too expensive, hey, isn't that an incentive to save some money for the yarn and save the pattern for later?

Yes, this is something I am starting to realize because as I look through these patterns on Ravelry, I'm noticing that some of these things, like yarn, is a bit expensive. So I have to learn patience, and start saving some money. =P Either that, or learn that substitution isn't always a bad thing either. Just depends on the project ;)

How do you look for yarn that you can get at great deals? Do you look online, or search craft and yarn stores? I'd love to hear from you all on this. =)

Peace.Love.Happiness.Smiles.
SammyJane <3

No comments:

Post a Comment